Prompt Engineering Tutorial – Master ChatGPT and LLM Responses
The video is a course on prompt engineering for large language models like ChatGPT, taught by Anu Kubo. The course aims to teach techniques to maximize productivity and effectiveness when interacting with these models. Here are the key points from the first segment:
- Anu Kubo, a software developer and course creator, introduces the course. She mentions that prompt engineering is a growing field, with some professionals earning up to $335,000 a year according to Bloomberg.
What is Prompt Engineering?
- Prompt engineering is the practice of writing, refining, and optimizing prompts to improve the interaction between humans and AI. It also involves monitoring the effectiveness of these prompts over time.
Importance of AI and Machine Learning:
- Anu provides a brief overview of AI and machine learning, explaining how they work and why they are important in the context of prompt engineering.
Example with ChatGPT:
- Anu demonstrates how different prompts can yield different responses from ChatGPT. She shows how a well-crafted prompt can make the interaction more interactive and beneficial for the user.
Linguistics and Language Models:
- The course will cover various aspects of linguistics that are crucial for effective prompt engineering. Anu also talks about the history and functioning of language models, starting with Eliza, an early natural language processing program.
- The course will cover topics like AI hallucinations, text embeddings, zero-shot and few-shot prompting, and best practices in prompt engineering.
The course aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of prompt engineering, from the basics of AI and machine learning to advanced techniques for crafting effective prompts. It’s part of a longer series, and the segment ends with the discussion still ongoing.